Jobs & Careers
Nomadic Events Incorporated NFP is looking for talented people to join our team!
Currently we are looking for the following positions:
Team Leads, and
Team members of:
- Public Relations and Social Media
- Event Coordination
- Art and Design (Branding)
- Information Technology
- Exhibitor Hall
- Sales and Merchandise
- Public Health and Safety
- (Other positions!*)
*If you don’t see a position that you think we may want filled, please continue to fill out this form and select “other” in the position type!
- Our events can happen anywhere, at any time in the country! This may include multiple events per year. While not all positions require it, we’d prefer you could make it to our events! We will cover your travel and room expenses to a reasonable degree, so reasonable travel requirements are expected by the team.
- While our company is based out of Chicago, our event(s) can happen anywhere. You don’t need to work out of where we are, unless it’s during an event! almost all of your duties can be done at home.
- Staff positions for our company are NOT meant to be a replacement for a full-time or part-time job. While there will be tasks to get done over the year, and heavily during and event, our pay and hours per week are not comparable to a regular job. It’s better to think of it as about as much work as any other volunteer-only convention, with the benefit of some extra cash and expense coverage for your time.
- We want to ensure that our team members understand the difference between personal relationships and business relationships. Let me explain. We’d love to be your friend! In fact, we’d love to keep in touch and build a fantastic relationship just because you found our event! However, NomadiCon is an event that we are expected to run and we hold our staff members to high standards. It’s consistently seen at other events: issues arise in staff members that can not continue to perform their duties, but they are kept on the team just because that person is friends with somebody on the board. That does not fly here. Any staff member that is unable to complete their duties in a reasonable and expected amount of time will not be kept on the team. This isn’t meant in any way personal and we hope to keep a friendly relationship with you, but at the end of the day we have an event to run.
- We have absolutely zero tolerance for any kind of hate in our team. We build our event on pride and acceptance, just as furry was meant to be from day one. Our board is entirely LGBTQ+ based and we do not stand for any intolerance of any kind. Any legitimate complaints will be investigated thoroughly and handled accordingly, including performant expulsion from any events hosted and/or operated by Nomadic Events Incorporated NFP.
- As a staff member, your role requires lots of care and attention to detail. Because of this, we cannot tolerate excessive absences or lack of completion of work. We get it: things happen in personal life, and this isn’t a full time salary style job. Personal life is absolutely more important and we encourage you to work on that. We aren’t that kind of picky. However, repeated and excessive issues may require us to exclude you from the staff team and hire a replacement. We hope you understand that at the end of the day there is still an event to run, and if you can not perform your duties your role will be revoked.
- We have meetings! We expect you to be there. We will be sure to have these scheduled and only held for super important tasks, but our core staff are super important! We will work to ensure the time works for everybody on the team.
- Our event (currently) is planned to run Friday to Sunday on weekends. We expect most of our staff members–and all core staff–to be present at the event on Thursday night. We will have a casual pre-event meeting along with some chill vibes and plenty of food! We also expect staff members to leave late on Sunday nights to help with breakdown. This may also extend into Monday if desired.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States before applying for any position at Nomadic Events Incorporated NFP.
- If accepting compensation, you must be willing and able to complete IRS form W-9 for our internal tax purposes.
These requirements may change at any time without prior notice
Or if you’re looking for a more high-level position, here’s our core positions designed to influence the decision making of our event as a whole.
Open core positions:
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.